This page has some computer facts you may or may not know.
- “Typewriter” is the longest word that you can write using the letters only on one row on the keyboard of your computer.
- The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, which is less than half the normal rate of 20.
- Only about 10% of the world’s currency is physical money, the rest only exists on computers.
- When the keyboard was first invented it had buttons in alphabetical order, as a result, the typing speed was too fast and the computer used to hang. In order to slow down the speed of a person the “qwerty” keyboard was invented.
- Microsoft included Solitaire in their OS’s “to soothe people intimidated by the OS” and to introduce users to graphic user interfaces and also taught them how to use a mouse.
- The first word spoken on the internet was “lo”. It was supposed to be “login” but the computer crashed after the first two letters.
- Gaming computers heat a room just as efficiently as a space heater does.
- 30,000 websites are hacked every day.
- Webcams were invented because some computer scientists were too lazy to get up to check if their coffee was done.
- a virus cannot corrupt your PC on its own. It corrupts your system only when you activate it, by either downloading infected files from the Internet, or by sharing these infected files.
- ‘Stewardesses’ is the longest word which can be typed with only the left hand.
- If you work with computers daily, by the end of your average working day, your fingers would have traveled 20km (12.6 miles)
- according to Statista, by 2023, there will be over 50 billion devices connected on the internet.
- A computer as powerful as the human brain would be able to perform about 38 thousand trillion operations per second and hold about 3,584 terabytes of memory.